This is an incredible blade. Mine was near mirror polish when I got it, which is unusual. Right away I had problems fitting handle material because the tang has a sharp curve reminiscent of a flintlock dueling pistol, so two inches wide fitted to the top of the spine left a lot of metal hanging out the bottom. I use native black walnut for my scales so I solved the problem by ordering three inch wide six inch long scales from my walnut guy. I added one inch brass bolsters to move the balance a little more to the rear but I lost the front pin hole under the bolsters, so on my next one I’ll use 3/4. I thought I’d drill another pinhole to replace the one I lost. Wrong! The steel was so hard that a cobalt bit would not pierce it, so I had to settle for two pins. I’m finishing it up now and it is a gorgeous piece. I’ll make a sheath for it and it will be my go-to blade for camp chores.